Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thought 165: You may sometimes forget the bad done to you, but never ever forget the good done to you.


These days, people do not seem to remember the good done to them at all. These are the selfish and self-centered persons, of course. With such persons, you have to be worldly wise – that is, you should be on your guard. In any transaction, whenever there is a great deal of difference in cultural levels between parties, it is highly unproductive to adhere to your higher standards unilaterally (of course, in any case you should not compromising on your basic values); your higher standards are not appreciated by the other party. On the other hand, they laugh at you and try to take advantage of your good nature. I do not like to be laughed at; no one likes to be laughed at.

I find that there is too much selfishness in this world now - than ever before. Is that the way to succeed in the modern society? May be; but I am old-fashioned; and I like to keep my distance from self-centered and selfish persons – whenever possible to do so.

The good Samaritans are those who do good without expecting any thing in return. If you do not expect even a mere “thank you” like Mother Theresa, you go ahead do good to the world. Or else, pause and think for a while, before plunging headlong into the business of doing good to the society.

I, for instance, do not believing in doing good to selfish and greedy persons. I also do not like to give anything to the selfish and greedy persons. Bhagavad Gita says that you should only give away things – only to the deserving persons

When I find that someone deserves a better deal than what he or she is getting, however, I like to help in whatever manner I can. In such cases, I find there is more pleasure in giving than in receiving - but only in such cases.

The next thought is about “Things are never static, they are always dynamic”

No comments: